The Party Squad (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
This policy is compliant with the provisions set out in the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR).
We have done our best to write this policy in simple clear terms, but if you have any questions concerning this policy or your personal data, please contact us at email@example.com
For the purpose of the Act, the data controller is:
- Name: The Party Squad
- Address:6 Manor Fell, Runcorn, Cheshire WA7 2UZ
- Tel: +44 (0)7564 235 807
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Information we collect from you
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site thepartysquad.co.uk (our site), or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide if you report a problem with our site.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our sites (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
For the avoidance of doubt, personal data in relation to this policy shall include (and shall be subject to the provisions in this policy) your name, email address, company name, phone number, and any other information you may disclose when sending us a message via our ‘Contact Us’ form.
Uses made of the information
We will use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. We will contact all customers (new and existing) by e-mail or post with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We respect your privacy and that’s why we don’t give your data to any third parties for their own marketing purposes.
Although we do not, as standard practice, disclose your personal information to third parties, there may be circumstances in which we may be required to disclose your personal information to third parties, such as:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If The Party Squad or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of The Party Squad, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where we store your personal data
For the avoidance of doubt, the data that we collect from you will not be transferred to, or stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). Moreover, it will not be processed by staff operating outside the EEA. All data is hosted and backed up on sites owned or controlled by The Party Squad, and located in the UK.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our sites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We generally retain your information only for so long as is necessary for the purpose for which it is used or required by law.
As a user of The Party Squad, you have the right to withdraw your consent to us processing your personal data, at any time (opt-out). If you would like to opt-out, please contact us at email@example.com
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For the avoidance of doubt, our site and services are targeted at adults, that is, people at least 18 years old. We do not target our site or services at minors. Any information we may receive from users we believe to be under the age 18 will be purged from our database.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request will be free of charge.
Contact and Complaints
If you have a complaint in relation to this policy, please contact us by emailing email@example.com and we will do our utmost to resolve the matter.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with:
- Name: The Information Commissioners Office
- Address: Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
- Tel: 01625 545 745
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org